Desktop Analytics for Process Improvement and Cost Reduction
Cicero Discovery is a lightweight and configurable tool to collect activity and application performance data and track business objects across time and across multiple users as well as measure against a defined "expected" business process flow, either for analysis or to feed a third party application. Cicero Discovery helps customers identify what is actually happening to an object through its life cycle and identify optimal business process and/or critical steps that are missing or holding up the process.
Using Cicero Discovery, you can:
- Identify inconsistent workflow or missing steps in a given process
- Flag times when employees do not follow PCI or HIPAA rules such as turning off call recording, entering confidential data
- Distinguish the differences between top and bottom performers
- Pinpoint repetitive and manual tasks
- Capture where copying happens and how often across applications and screens
- Identify if employees are navigating several screens (clicking, Alt+Tab) to complete tasks
- Capture, analyze, and focus on Key Performance Indicators and metrics
- Monitor for potential business rule, compliance, and company policy issues
- Supply desktop activity data to third-party enterprise analysis and reporting applications (e.g., BI, BAM, BPM, WFM)
- Improve application usage and better focus/leverage IT investments
- Define an “anticipated” sequence for a process and report the events as they happen regardless of order. It may turn out that a process with ten defined steps is executed in the real world as 2, 1, 5, 3, 4, 7, 9, 10 with steps 6 and 9 never happening. Or it may be 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5, 3, 6, 7, 10.
- See the step(s) an object such as an auto claim has been through in any or all processes and also what the latest step was. The business can immediately see who touched the object, when, on what machine, with what application(s), and what was done.