Cicero’s desktop activity intelligence solution was built on the premise of identifying areas to increase employee productivity and operational efficiency. The back office is an ideal place to apply desktop activity intelligence. It starts with capturing usable data that can provide key metrics such as idle time, and how business processes are followed by an individual or group. The other actionable intelligence is IT-related. Key information about how applications are performing or whether others should be removed from maintenance and/or sunset. Finally, there are areas that need to be monitored to ensure that a company is meeting its regulatory and business requirements. The solution can notify other applications and the appropriate individuals when there are PCI, HIPAA, fraud, or other potential issues.
Back office operating areas that process orders, applications, claims, mail, payments, etc., have historically functioned without automated work management, task allocation, staff planning and quality control applications. The back office has started to attract attention and is being asked to cut costs while improving service quality. Cicero’s Desktop Activity Intelligence and Improvement technology allows you to better measure and manage these activities.
Companies are using desktop activity intelligence in the back office to:
- Monitor and report on compliance, adherence and other business requirements
- Identify areas for process automation and integration
- Monitor employee productivity and identifying top performers, etc.
- Identify problems (connectivity, availability) with enterprise applications such as ERP
- Flag and alert employees and/or management when there is an issue with an application
- Provide an application and workstation inventory with system details
- Monitor data entry and data quality, and flag issues for follow-up
- Monitor security and access to sensitive data such as financial information
- Identify screens and applications that can be sunset